The Vision of GARNET is to build and operate a World-Class Network Infrastructure and services to link all the Ghanaian Research and Education community to support teaching, learning and research among all public and private institutions of higher education in Ghana, and by extension, connect its members to the Global Research and Education Network communities.
The mission of the GARNET is to:
- Support and help the building of strong and viable Campus/institutional networks.
- Build network infrastructure to connect all campus/institutional networks at high speeds to support research, collaborations and sharing of resources.
- Aggregate the Internet bandwidth requirements of members of GARNET and negotiating collectively with ISPs for fair institutional pricing.
- Have one voice on national policies/issues dealing with ICT.
- Foster and participate in the deployment of Regional and Global Research and Education Network for research and collaboration.
Theme: Overcoming the Challenges of Building Digital Scholarly Infrastructure
for the Research and Education Community in Ghana
Date: Monday 19th June – Saturday 24th June 2023
Venue: University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS)
Main Campus, Sokode-Lokoe
|Day 1||Monday 19th||9 a.m||Campus Network Design and Operations||PART I: WORKSHOP||IAC Lab, UHAS|
|Day 2||Tuesday 20th||9 a.m.||Campus Network Design and Operations||PART II: WORKSHOP||IAC Lab, UHAS|
|Day 3||Wednesday 21st||9 a.m.||Campus Network Design and Operations||PART III: WORKSHOP||IAC Lab, UHAS|
|Day 4||Thursday 22nd||9 a.m. – 12 p.m.|| PART 1: PANEL DISCUSSION
Digital infrastructure for scholarly publishing in Ghana: Challenges and opportunities
|Session I:||Cedi Auditorium, UHAS Main Campus|
|1 p.m. – 4 p.m.||The Future of Tertiary Education in Ghana with Open Artificial Intelligence (AI)||Session II:||Cedi Auditorium, UHAS Main Campus|
|6:00 p.m|| PART 2: COCKTAIL
||Breeze Bar, Ho|
|Day 5||Friday 23rd||9 a.m.||4TH GARNET AGM||Cedi Auditorium, UHAS Main Campus|
|Day 6||Saturday 24th||8 a.m.||EXCURSION|